Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Light Week

Well, I didn't do much this week but did get in a couple of runs.  On Tuesday evening I went out for a run and said loudly as I went out, "Anyone want to go with me?"  My 11 year old Megan decided that she would go but opted to wear shoes when I told her we were going for at least 3.1 and possible 5 depending on how we felt.  She hung in there but when we got to the decision point at about 1.5 miles she opted for the shorter route.  I wasn't that disappointed since we were keeping a slower pace anyway.  We stopped three different times to catch our breath (at 1.5, 2.5 and 2.9) and ended up running our 5K in 31 minutes...exactly a 10 min pace which was a new PR for Megan.  Very nice run!  Then yeserday I waited for the temp to warm up from the 27 it start out in the morning.  When it got to 40 I went out for a 5 miler, although cut it to only 4 miles due to rough road (old chip and seal) on the 5mile route plus some sloughing blood blisters from a couple weeks ago.  The cold pavement seemed a little uncomfortable at first but then seemed to warm up a little about a half mile in.  Still nothing seemed to comfy so I was happy to get in the 4 miler.  I did a quick 2 min ice bath after and was surprised at how tender my feet were afterward.  Oh well...the life of a barefooter...still happy it's not too cold outside yet...really not looking forward to putting back on the Vibrams.
Happy running,
Barefoot Dan
Total Barefoot Miles for the Week = 7.1 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment