Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day 2011

Okay, first day blogging.  Yesterday's run was my first barefoot 2 miler and it went really well at the time.  Although today the balls of both feet are tender (like start of a blister) under both 2nd toe/metatarsil.  Icing after each run for a couple minutes has been very helpful.  I ran only twice last week, 1.5 miles on Sunday with my daughter Rachel, and then this past Friday in Temecula CA on a business trip.  This was also 1.5 miles but on the cart path at Temecula Creek Golf Course where I was staying.  I have started very slowly in the completely barefoot mode in late July with only 0.2 miles at first.  In the beginning, I would walk my gravel driveway to toughen up my feet and help with softer landings.  My main inspiration has been "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall and Barefoot Ken Bob (I drove past Bolsa Chica Beach last week in Huntington Beach) and would like to meet and run with BF Ken Bob someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment