Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

San Diego - Rainy Run in Old Town

Well I left the great Indaina weather behind for some rainy weather in San Diego (go figure...it never rains out here).  But I arrived yesterday afternoon and decided to brave the rare southern CA rain for a quick run from my hotel to the "Old Town" area of San Deigo.  Thinking I probably wouldn't go 5 miles again, I took off and soon found lots of different surfaces to explore, from rough concrete to smooth asphalt and everything in between ("old town" indeed!)  This area is a neat historic site with a nice walking plaza and lots of neat little shops and cool history laden older buildings.  It may have been the combination of hopping up and down on curbs and the distraction of looking around at all the cool buildings, but pretty soon my feet were getting tired so I decided to call it a day after only 3 miles....I'll save it for a longer weekend run.  It was still nice to know that I "could" have gone longer but I'm still a little paranoid running on wet surfaces.  Happy Running, BF Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment