Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Monday, October 3, 2011

New Milestone - 5 Miles!

Good Evening Barefooters...I'm celebrating my first 5-miler today.  The feet feel pretty good and the weather was just perfect.  I do have a couple of hot spots again on the ball of each foot near the second metatarsil.  But compared to how they have felt in the past this is real progress.  The deep bruise trauma from last Friday seems to almost have completely healed so the Traumeel must be doing the trick.  The improved foot landing is becoming more natural to me and my cadence is always above 180 when I measure it.  I have measured it as high as 220 which is usually toward the end of the run as the feet are getting a little tired and tender. Keeping the cadence up high is definitely the secret to the soft landing. I will keep increasing the distance for now and not worry about the pace which is still hovering around 10 minute miles on smooth/semi-smooth surfaces.  Once I begin to work on speed I will definitely have to cut back on distance.  But for now I'm just happy to be at the 5 mile point (finally).  Looking forward to a nice run in San Diego on Wed or Thurs this week.
Happy barefooting,
BF Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment