Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Brrr...Winter is Coming

Hello Barefooters,

The leaves are turning and starting to fall...


Before you know it the snow will be flying...yuck.



On Broadway!
Well, let's hope not but it looks like the last of the good weather is behind us for a while.  This bone chilling rain today looks like the start of a long winter.  I've been getting some pretty good longer runs in this month even though it started turning colder.  As always, its the moisture that determines how cold of weather we barefooters can run in...and so far, not so bad.
 

Barefoot in Central Park
Every week this month I was able to run a 40 or 50 mile week so I was able to keep the higher average going.  I started off the month out in New York City with my daughter Megan on some college visits.  We enjoyed the city and went to her three favorite fashion colleges while there.  We ate some really good food and even got to enjoy a Broadway Show (Phantom of the Opera).  I ran each morning and actually ran all the way to Central Park one morning and witnessed the setting up for a 10K race later in the day.

The following week I went to Fargo North Dakota and it snowed while I was there so I opted for an 8 mile workout on the hotel treadmill (dreadmill!)  Back in Indiana the weather continued to hold out a little while longer so I continued my longer runs all the way into Westfield each morning and got to keep using the Midland Trace Trail as well.


This weekend will be our long anticipated Indy Monumental Half Marathon Race with my team from Christ UMC, "The Running Angels."  We have 12 people on the team and are looking forward to a nice race on Saturday.  I'm hoping for dry weather since it looks like temps will be down in the 30's.


Oh well, keep running out there and enjoy the Fall,


God Bless,


Barefoot Dan
(October Mileage = 225.81miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment