Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Favorite Pastime - Resting!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Barefooters! - 5 New Routes in 5 Days - 28 Miles

Merry Christmas Barefooters!
I'm loving this "warm" December.  I ran 5 times this week and ran a different route each day (thanks to the Garmin).  Only used the Vibrams once and that was for my long run on Wed. which was around the Bear Slide Golf Course for a total of 11.5 miles.  I probably should have used the Vibrams a 2nd day on the Thursday out and back to MacGregor Park but went barefoot even though it was kindof wet for that 3.8 miler.  I don't mind going barefoot in the wet, as long as I know it will be a short route. 
The lowest temperature I ran in all week was today, Saturday, which was 32 degrees but it was Sunny and actually kind of felt warm.  Maybe because it was Christmas Eve!  It was a great run out to Flippins Road and then, since I was feeling so good, an unplanned out and back heading south on Anthony road.  The feet felt great even though it was cold and this had been a "high mileage" week already.  Today's 5 miler was a great way to cap off a 28 mile week.  This was my biggest week yet although the long run was in the Vibrams.  By the way, that is also the longest run yet in the Vibrams.  The other nice thing is that I started pulling the pace down, turning in a 9:14 on the barefoot 6 miler on Mon, an 8:42 for the Vibram 11.5mi on Wed. and another 8:42 for the barefoot 3.9mi on Thurs.  I am looking forward to being off work next week and getting in some good runs in some beautiful weather.  So far, the weather forecast shows dry, sunny and highs in the 40s...you gotta love a mild December in Indiana!!
Merry Christmas to All,
(BF) Dan Lutes

Total Miles for Week = 27.9 Miles (16.4 Barefoot, 11.5 in Vibrams)

No comments:

Post a Comment